The YW operates nearly 70 transitional housing units throughout the entire region and at least 25 of those are solely in West Niagara.
Throughout the last year all of our region's shelters operated at 125% capacity.
Did you know:
* more than 70% of people who live in poverty work full-time hours;
* the waiting list for affordable housing is 12 years;
* YWCA Niagara Region has more transitional housing units in West Niagara than in any other community;
* 22 adults and 27 children are currently living in the program
* 8 individuals in aftercare outreach program
* 15 landlords offering 21 apartments and houses
We are proud to be sponsoring 2 km of the Coldest Night of Year and participating in the Chili Cookoff for this event after the walk. Join our team called Station 1 and do a 5km walk with us.
Register or donate to/for Coldest Night: http://cnoy.org/location/west-niagara